1.3

My husband and I purchased 15 Alside windows in late 1999.So far 5 of them had to be replaced because of broken window seals.

This last time I had to deal with Alside directly because the contractor who sold the windows went bust. I sent all the required documents to Alside. After a month with no contact, I called to see if something was wrong. The lady who answered the phone said they could review right then, and approved the claim, but I wonder how long it would have sat if I had not called.

I then sent them a check, $160 for the 2 bottom halves of double hung windows (at that point I only had a partial warranty), which was cashed. After another month I called to see when the windows would ship, and they had not even placed the order! They THEN placed the order which went to an Alside dealer in my area. Needless to say, I have not heard from that dealer either.

At this point it has been 4 months with no windows. Regardless to say, I will not purchase Alside windows again. The seals fail frequently, customer service, though pleasant, is incredibly slow.

In future I will just buy windows from a big box company.They may fail as frequently, but I am paying the same price as the Alside windows, and at least I can run down the street to get one when I need it!

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $160. This person is overall dissatisfied with Alside Window. The most disappointing about alside windows at Alside Window was seal failure and waranty service , but reviewer liked lady on the phone was nice. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Alside Window.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Building Products category for more informed decision or compare Alside Window to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Alside Window?

Comments

alsidesocialmedia
Northfield, Ohio, United States #1018226
Alside Window Verified Representative

Hi, we would be happy to look into this issue for you. Please email us your information directly at alsidesocialmedia@gmail.com.

Thank you.