I am a contractor that sold 5 twin alside casement windows in 2001.These windows have leaked water for years and I constantly caulked and they still continued to leak water.
I squirt tested the windows and the water came in under the window and that usually is not a window problem but a caulk problem. So we caulked more. It only leaked of course when there was a strong hard rain against the window. Maybe twice a year, but that is to many.
I decided to tear out the drywall around the window and squirt test the windows. The water was coming in the center of the twin casements; this is called the mull. I ordered the windows factory mulled so obviously I would consider this to be a factory problem. The homeowner wanted to file the complaint so I had the Alside factory rep come out to see the problem, take pictures, and get the warranty complaint going.
The rep agreed the problem was the center mull. Leter came back to homeowner claim denied. No phone number, no address and no signiture on the leter. So I called and talked to an engineer.
He said it sounded like a mull problem so he sent me a new center mull strip and told me to take out the old strip, recaulk, and install the new strip they sent. Gave the part to the window installer and he said no way he was going to be responsible for removing a factory installed part.
Homeowner called the warranty department and they said claim denied, claim denied, claim denied.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Casement Windows
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Submitted Warranty Claim 01516922 to Alside with all required documents pictures, warranty tag ,filled out form and copy of home deed,I have 3 windows with bad seals..."
- "I ordered $3072.77 worth of double hung windows with lattice on Jan 4,2014 from the DFW Window World (WW) Office. The windows were installed on March 19, 2014. After install..."
- "We had Sears Home Central replace our bedroom picture window. The AlSide Window has three components, a central stationary pane with flanking side crank out windows. The side..."
- "Monday June 19th 2016 I used my debit card at 7-Eleven and I wanted to get 320 out of my account and the ATM only gave me 220 R#4086514599 a#2807548..."
- "This is the worst agent ever i all so been dealing with a lot if un reps that dont gave skills to be a rep . dont know what they..."
- "TyTy Nursery advertize online that they are selling 3 G size Adenium plant for $19.00 each . If you buy 10, you will get free shipping . On December 27,..."
- "Dear Upper Management Store: DFC I asked my staff to order a meal with a mountain dew but its smell clorox and taste not good, I went to your counter..."
- " I liked Teavana so I went to the store in West farms mall, West Hartford Connecticut, I bought a lot of it multiple times, I was drinking a lot..."
- "Hello Rep. my name is David and would like to get information on a Members Mark rocking chair that i purchased from Sams Club, this chair is no longer in..."