Alside Window Warranty a JOKE
I am a contractor that sold 5 twin alside casement windows in 2001.These windows have leaked water for years and I constantly caulked and they still continued to leak water.
I squirt tested the windows and the water came in under the window and that usually is not a window problem but a caulk problem. So we caulked more. It only leaked of course when there was a strong hard rain against the window. Maybe twice a year, but that is to many.
I decided to tear out the drywall around the window and squirt test the windows. The water was coming in the center of the twin casements; this is called the mull. I ordered the windows factory mulled so obviously I would consider this to be a factory problem. The homeowner wanted to file the complaint so I had the Alside factory rep come out to see the problem, take pictures, and get the warranty complaint going.
The rep agreed the problem was the center mull. Leter came back to homeowner claim denied. No phone number, no address and no signiture on the leter. So I called and talked to an engineer.
He said it sounded like a mull problem so he sent me a new center mull strip and told me to take out the old strip, recaulk, and install the new strip they sent. Gave the part to the window installer and he said no way he was going to be responsible for removing a factory installed part.
Homeowner called the warranty department and they said claim denied, claim denied, claim denied.1098c85d review #196863
You may also like
- "My husband mistakenly made an appointment with John Segovia, Owner of this so-called business thinking it was the real Empire that you see on the commercials. He even told this..."
- "We had Window World install new windows throughout our home in early 2011, choosing them because of the guarantee, price, and advertised energy savings. BIG MISTAKE!! I wish we would..."
- "Me and wife after bought our first home went shopping for windows for out home. Allside offered great prices and said there product was as good as many of the..."
- "Greatwood veterinary hospital tried to kill our dog by giving her ivermectin and then did not watcher or see that the med dose is not to be gave to mix..."
- "We moved to Amarillo last Jan. And bought dining room furniture from Ashleys. Furniture was delivered to us damaged. The furniture was the Ledelle. Chunk of wood from table and..."
- "I had a friend that had surgery. To cheer her up I sent her some flowers. She thanked me and sent me a picture of the flowers. They looked NOTHING..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "Married in Oct and by Nov my ring is all dented/scared up it's tungsten with sterling silver and diamonds a ring that well not hold up ..."
- "My husband AND I purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011 (Model # WTW7800XW2). About 10 months after I purchased this I noticed a hairline crack..."