Alside Window Warranty a JOKE
I am a contractor that sold 5 twin alside casement windows in 2001.These windows have leaked water for years and I constantly caulked and they still continued to leak water.
I squirt tested the windows and the water came in under the window and that usually is not a window problem but a caulk problem. So we caulked more. It only leaked of course when there was a strong hard rain against the window. Maybe twice a year, but that is to many.
I decided to tear out the drywall around the window and squirt test the windows. The water was coming in the center of the twin casements; this is called the mull. I ordered the windows factory mulled so obviously I would consider this to be a factory problem. The homeowner wanted to file the complaint so I had the Alside factory rep come out to see the problem, take pictures, and get the warranty complaint going.
The rep agreed the problem was the center mull. Leter came back to homeowner claim denied. No phone number, no address and no signiture on the leter. So I called and talked to an engineer.
He said it sounded like a mull problem so he sent me a new center mull strip and told me to take out the old strip, recaulk, and install the new strip they sent. Gave the part to the window installer and he said no way he was going to be responsible for removing a factory installed part.
Homeowner called the warranty department and they said claim denied, claim denied, claim denied.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "On December 4, 2014, we signed a purchase order with 50 Floor to remove existing hardwood floors and carpet in our home and to install new hardwood based on the..."
- "We had Window World install new windows throughout our home in early 2011, choosing them because of the guarantee, price, and advertised energy savings. BIG MISTAKE!! I wish we would..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "On March 27, 2012 I visited the Whataburger on Cooper across from Rooms to Go in Arlington, TX. I went through the drive through to get breakfast around 8:30..."
- "We asked for a suite with a king size bed in Overland Park, Kansas. No suites were available we were told that there was only ONE king size bed..."
- "Be cautious about buying the guardsman warranty on leather. It ONLY covers the material for spills, etc. The cushions are NOT covered and have some companies only have..."
- "H.E.B. in Elgin Texas does have some of the rudest customer service people I have ever met, and unfortunately it's the closest HEB to my location. I would rather travel..."
- "I ordered a blonde wig with supposedly dark roots for my daughter's early Christmas present. They sent a blonde wig with black spray paint on the top of the head...."
- "I scheduled a pickup of three items of furniture, 2 sofas and one chair. The guys from the Salvation Army seemed to delight in the fact they refused to take..."